- This event has passed.
A New Wave of Angel Investors – Startup Investing through Crowdfunding
Wednesday, March 11 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Hosted by the Crowdfunding Professional Association (CfPA), along with Netcapital, Kingscrowd, the DCU FinTech Center, Crowdwise, and more.
For the first time since the SEC was established in the 1930s, any investor, regardless of wealth or background, can now invest in pre-IPO startups. No longer is this asset class only restricted to the uber-wealth (aka accredited investors).
Whether you are an investor interested in supporting the passionate founder down the street or an investor looking to diversify into startups as an asset class, this panel session will cover the opportunities presented by equity crowdfunding.
Investors will learn:
- Why more investors are diversifying and investing in the private markets
- How any American, regardless of background or wealth, can now invest in startups
- Risks and rewards of investing in startups as an asset class
Startup Founders will learn:
- Why more and more companies are turning to equity crowdfunding instead of traditional angel and VC
- What the primary reasons are that investors are looking to invest in startups
- Potential pros and cons of equity crowdfunding
Networking hour from 6-7PM EST.
The panel session will kick off at 7PM, with quick introductions and an overview of what equity crowdfunding is. The panelists will then open the floor to questions. Panelists include:
- Kingscrowd (Chris Lustrino – CEO and Founder) – the #1 equity crowdfunding rating service
- Netcapital (TBD) – a local Boston startup and marketplace (ie funding portal) for startup investing
- Crowdwise (Brian Belley – Founder) – educational tools and resources for crowdfunding investors
- And more to be announced in the coming weeks!
Stick around after the panel sessions for networking and light refreshments.
A special thanks to the DCU FinTech Innovation Center for providing the space for hosting this event!